Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Orphaned

This will be the first Christmas that I will not spend time with my parents. It hit me hard when Dad called from the airport and said "see you next year!" I don't see my folks every day, so the holidays are definitely "guaranteed" time that we will see them either on the Eve or day of Christmas/New Years. It was rather amusing that Dad and I speculated on whether my soon-to-be sister in law is knocked up. My brother is nesting and talked about baby logistics and he's not even married yet. At a minimum, he has a full-blown case of baby fever.

So no parents this holiday. Maybe they will call. Yes, I think Dad will call because his only wish is for his family to be together. And my brother has to ruin it by living in Germany for what seems like 10 years. Way to go, bro.

It will definitely be a very quiet holiday this year. Just me and QE with our little furry kids.

No comments: