Monday, April 09, 2007

Circle of Life

In Food Network's Chefography on Nigella Lawson, the viewer learns about the loss Nigella experienced--her sister, mother and husband died of cancer. In an interview with Food Network, she said her attitude wasn't "life must go on" because "life DOES go on". She is so right. No matter what is going on in our own life, the world continues to churn, with or without us. I truly believe that for every sad moment, there is a happy moment going on somewhere else in the world. For every death, there is a birth. Life, and the world, can be cruel that way. Just yesterday, I saw two dead cats--one a tiny kitten--both victims of cars. Meanwhile, there are puppies and kittens born every second. It is Spring, after all. Only God knows how many of these precious little babies will live a happy life and how many will struggle with hunger, cruelty, and premature death.

Cara continues to be a reminder to us about how wonderful it is to be loved, to be young, and to be carefree. She only knows if her siblings are growling at her or if her tummy growls with hunger. That is the extent of her sadness, if she is even capable of having sad feelings! She is so precocious. Having recovered from conjunctivitis (pink eye), she is more excited than ever to stalk and chase her siblings. Eating paper is still her hobby, as is "killing" her favorite toy.

QE got a perfect score on his mid-term exam. I am so proud of him. His first A! Alas, he remains a B student.

I started a new job a few weeks ago and am still bored to tears. I can't figure out where I stand with the accounting goddess. She is great at what she does and should not feel threatened by me. But I have a feeling that is not why she is resentful. Only time will tell if my assumptions are correct.

I have a new motivation for knitting, but I am not ready to reveal it yet. I am having a great time though! Frappie and her sugar daddy (I need to give him a name!) are getting married in a few weeks. It's nice to see her get treated well.

No comments: