Friday, September 19, 2008

The Good Life

Aside from the message, everyone can now see what I've seen in-person--cheepy chicks, furry piggies, cows coming when called! Very cool. Maybe the moo-moos can tutor my kitties.

We got mutant eggs with our CSA share this week. We are officially overloaded with eggs now. Not to mention I am picking up another (ahem!) dozen this week. And we still have (cough!) dozen in the fridge. Quiche anyone?

Having been separated from QE for a week, it's really cool to know that I can be independent. Oddly, the kitties don't miss him. At all. Kinda freaks me out, actually.

I have been semi-vegetarian for over a year now. Ate meat at two weddings (talk about crappy food!) Had sushi for dad's bday, did that weekend flesh binge in May. I think that was it. This year I want to be 100% vegetarian, so I need to be more conscious of how cheeses are made. I've found a few vegetarian/vegan groups in Ravelry. It's nice to have the support and know I'm not the only one who fields rude comments and questions. Now that I think about it, I think my entire day has been vegan, without even trying! Amy's breakfast burrito, grilled veggie sandwich, pasta with CSA veggies.

1 comment:

katrina said...

dude! those eggs are huge!