Friday, December 12, 2008

Duh-nce

Ok, I know I'm not the brightest person in the world, state, or even my county. I have odd random thoughts a lot. Here's a question for you...

Our culture doesn't generally revere older people. They're fine and all but we don't adore them the way, say the Japanese, respect and cherish their seniors. Many of our seniors are essentially put out to pasture in theirs 60s from the workplace, subtly or not. We claim that they aren't as quick thinking or innovative or whatever. True or not, we don't think older workers are as productive or efficient. If that's the case, why do we elect politicians who are often in their 60s and 70s? Wouldn't they be just as slow as Betty in Marketing or Harold in Engineering? I mean, wouldn't Senator Age 72 be just as slow or tired? Is it because Congress isn't really run by the politicians but their staff?

No comments: