Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Potential

QE and I were talking about Buddy's progress and how sweet he can be now. Davis has gotten really attached to me and I always think about our first meeting at the shelter. He snuggled into my arms, looked me in the eye, and purred. Then he nipped QE for playing with his jacket zipper. QE still playfully holds a grudge against our boy.

As we were talking, QE said we adopted Davis because there was immense pressure to do so. He took the nip as an indicator of what Buddy's personality might be, but overlooked it because he knew our boy would get put down if we didn't adopt him. Yes, I felt the pressure and angst too, but I fell in love with Davis' photo on Petfinder.com before we even met. Our boy had already been at the shelter for two weeks and developed a cold. My inquiry saved him. I had no idea.

All I knew was that there was a cute gray face that needed kisses. QE saved a life with his decision to adopt. To think there are millions of cats and dogs who did nothing wrong but were condemned to death due to human selfishness.

No comments: