Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bees Knees

What did the girl mushroom say to the boy mushroom?

You are a fun-gi. Yep, that's still my favorite G-rated joke. :)

The flaky skin around my mouth for the past 18 months is a fungus/yeast. It's now under the control and I have no idea the cause. Burt's Bees lip balm has been a soothing salve for my lips and I have a tube stashed everywhere. I have become a Burt's Bees hoarder of sorts. Tip: Ulta has a three-tube and one tin pack for $9.99. SCORE!

One pack of balms have developed a crumbly, gunky texture. I contacted Burt to ask if it's ok to use, possible cause, etc. They asked for my address and said they would send replacements. How nice! I wasn't expecting that. I received my replacements last night. In addition to three glorious tubes of my treasures, they sent me a Head-to-Toe Essentials kit. Oh wow. What a nice surprise!!! Because of their generosity, I felt the need to give a shout out and spread the good love from Burt's Bees.

3 comments:

emily said...

WOW. Now that's customer service! I, too, am a BB lip balm junkie. One in purse, one in nightstand, one on desk at work, one in car... maybe it wouldn't be so bad if my lips weren't so awful.

OOh, also did you get the three pack that came with the balm cozy? That's all I can think to call it - you can attach it to a back pack, I guess - but it's a sleeve to put the lip balm in. :)

goo2girl said...

I find the tin a better deal (you get more for the same price), so I have the tin in bathroom and tubes everywhere else.

Yeah, I have the one with a zipper clip (3-pack) and a 3-pack plus tin.

Anonymous said...

your fungi problem around your lips... you have no idea where it came from? ha! yeah right. I have an idea of where it might have come from... ;-)