Sunday, August 17, 2008

Clipped Wings

I love my new Civic but it does not have the same performance as my tC. Sure it's quieter and smoother but acceleration with A/C on is...like driving a Hyundai or Corolla--at least what I think it must be like since I've never driven either. Without A/C the Civic can hold its own. On the plus side, I can go further even with a smaller gas tank. Maybe that's because I know it has no performance so I haven't even bothered gunning the engine. I sort of miss my tC. I've never seen a car seat or children in a tC so it definitely has more of a cool factor going for it. At least my Civic is a coupe and not a sedan. Now if only I could drop an Accord engine into it...

2 comments:

Bri said...

If it feels "go kart-ish" then it is like driving a Hyundai. I had a Hyundai S-Coupe for my first car. It was a lot like a fancy go kart. :)

goo2girl said...

Ooh, the S-Coupe was a cool car back in the day! I bet having 16s versus 17s and not having low profile tires also makes a difference in the ride. At my age, a cool car just makes me a wannabe. :)