Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kitties 1, Humans 0

Ever since my parents found out the kitties were going to the pet resort while we're in Paris, they have been lobbying hard to "save" the grandbabies. They started with comments about saving money and sending the cats to their house instead. Realizing cost is never an issue when it comes to our precious kitties, they tried to appeal to our hearts. Last time, my parents visited our kids at the resort. --Oh, you should have seen them! They looked so sad! Angel recognized us but was still miserable! It's still cages no matter how big! Please don't send them back there!

There have been multiple phone calls from both parents (tag team!) pleading their case, begging us not to take the kitties there. It's a very nice place. The people love their guests. Today, I asked dad why they are so insistent about not taking our babies there. He said the resort is nice and they don't mistreat the animals, but it's not the same as being at home. Cats are living beings and have feelings too(!!). They were very sad last time and my parents don't want to see them like that again. Oh my. My parents love our kitties. This is awesome!

My mom is taking time off work(!) to babysit our cats. It was her idea. Dad fully supports it. She plans on staying at our house while we are away. This is nuts. I can't believe my parents would do that for our kitties. It's very sweet and I am deeply touched they love our kids as much as we do.

1 comment:

emily said...

That is very sweet. :) Yay to your parents.