Monday, August 28, 2006

I WANNA WAKE UP WHERE YOU ARE

What a weekend! The concert was awesome, even beyond my expectations. Since we didn't have the excitement build-up that comes from buying tickets months in advance, the anticipation and exhilaration was compacted into mere hours. Eliot Morris opened the night and was quite good. Adam D. of the Crows came out, looking rather frumpy, and introduced Eliot as a good friend, hope we like him, etc. We thought that was a nice touch. Eliot worked hard at the concert--he was at a merchandise booth signing CDs for people who purchased his album. Really nice guy. Totally approachable, seemed humbled by the experience. I hope he does well in his career.

The Goo Goo Dolls were fantastic. The attandance seemed to sway more towards older people vs the young teeny boppers. As such, all the old farts had no idea what the Goos were performing except the popular Iris, Name, and Slide. What a disgrace. They should have been sitting on the lawn drinking their pretentious chardonnays or something. I was the only one--ONLY ONE--jumping, screaming, and singing. Sigh...the life of a Goo fan is a lonely one. :)

My beloved QE's face lit up when the Counting Crows went on stage. It was really cool to see my hubby enjoying himself. Adam is funny as anything! "ok, this next song is f'n depressing, but I hope you love it anyway" or "wait, I have the wrong chord" or stalling because the guitarist wasn't ready. Or making us sing Happy Bday to Dan because we didn't participate the first time, and threatened to make us sing it again.

Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows. What an awesome billing. QE and I both got to see our favorite bands, the only band we'd want to see live.

2 comments:

emily said...

are you serious? YOu were the only one carrying on?!

goo2girl said...

Yes, I was the only one, at least in our area. I didn't hear anyone else scream. Part of it was just to make QE laugh. The Crows mentioned GGD at one point and I yelled out when it was fairly quiet. It was a rather serious moment, about USA Harvest, a charity GGD supports. And again when Adam thanked the Goos for letting Eliot open. All good...it will probably be my last concert, so it was fun to let loose a bit.