Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When Can I Be Right?

Once again, QE is right--females my age can't avoid Baby Fever. At least I can't. I still do not want my own child, but I can't help longing for certain aspects of what a baby represents. Specifically, I loooove looking at baby clothes. Darn my brother for having a son! I want to look at girl clothes! It's probably a good thing our little piglet will be a boy. He's saving me big bucks! Don't get me wrong--all baby clothes are cute. And so tiny! But it seems girl clothes are especially adorable.

My other feverish symptom is the need to cuddle and cradle and coo. QE is very concerned. I say I don't want a baby, but my behavior clearly says otherwise. Cara is kind enough to let me cradle her every night. Ok, so she usually squeaks and tries to wiggle her way out, but she tolerates it for a few seconds. Last night, we went through the same drill and I gave her bits of pita to appease her. Sure enough, it did! I got to cradle Cara while feeding her bits of pita. I fed Cara as if she was my baby. QE was in total disbelief and reminded me that there is no way I would get away with it with Angel or Davis.

No comments: