Saturday, May 10, 2008

Flesh for Fantasy



I ate animal flesh today. I feel sick. Need to barf. Just kidding. :) My tummy was a bit upset, though it could have been because I ate fried food. We went to Eammon's. I had cod and QE had grouper, the fish of the day. Yum. I don't mind being non-vegetarian when the food makes it worthwhile. Eating fish also seems more tolerable to me than land animals. Not sure why. The flagship restaurant, Restaurant Eve, serves Polyface meat. We will check it out eventually.

Went to Knit Happens since we were in the neighborhood. Bought a sock pattern, crochet hook, a cute pair of scissors, and an old issue of Vogue Knitting ($1!). Having finished sorting all my yarn, I couldn't bear to buy anymore yarn. So I bought everything EXCEPT yarn. Ha!


4 comments:

emily said...

mmm...been wanting to try out those restaurants! Glad to hear it was enjoyable!

emily said...

OH, you didn't buy DPNs?!

goo2girl said...

I bought a pair of 2s at MDSW Festival, so no dpns at KH. Here's how I cheat: I found a sock pattern that required needles I already had. HAHAHAHA

http://www.blueskyalpacas.com/pattern_detail.php?patterns_ID=18

emily said...

I'm all for it. What makes this funny to me is that most people find patterns based on yarn. Your collection is so huge, you find patts based on needles!