Monday, October 27, 2008

Stories

My friends (ode to Darin!), I could not make up stories like this if I tried. Background: My performance appraisal last year consisted of them orally telling me I was doing fine. The department (non)manager nervously told me my bonus and raise without discussion.

In discussing why I wanted a performance appraisal this year, I told the lead Dementor that I wanted feedback on areas of improvement, and for my performance/growth to be documented. I used an example that if I dressed or behaved inappropriately, they would need it documented in case of an eventual termination. He responded with "Please dress inappropriately" and laughed.

3 comments:

emily said...

Wow. What kind of place do you work for?

goo2girl said...

It's a government contractor(!) with about 250 employees. Their explanation is that they are still a small business and pride themselves on the mom and pop feel. This guy (aka Nazi) is the head of our dept and the other dementors pass it off as him just being him, he's old, can't help his upbringing, etc.

Darin said...

Sorry, I had to laugh at that. I can only picture the old Kraut saying that. Do you ever watch Boston Legal? He's kinda like Denny Craine