Thursday, October 02, 2008

Yesh

Mooch has the right philosophy on life--focus on the good things, keep your perspective, and everything will be fine. I left work a little after noon today and it was awesome. It was just nice to be away from Azkaban.

So much going on. Made some good changes in my life. A cleansing of sorts, I think. I am getting way too attached to the meezers. Not sure if that's a good idea. It's probably not healthy for me to be so emotionally involved.

I can't decide if my kitties are killers. I bought them a rabbit fur toy. It had feathers on one end so I don't have to actually touch the fur. Cara and Davis both showed interest in it but have not "killed" it yet. Does that mean they are compassionate? They've lost their predator edge?

She would never admit it, but Cara loves me. She will scurry from wherever she is to greet me. She waits for me to take her collar at night and give her a neck scratch. Cara purred for me once. Oh, what a treat!

Piglet will be here in a bit over a month! I keep seeing workbooks and have the urge to buy some for him until I remember he's not even one yet. Ooops.

Driving home today, school buses were dropping off children. No big deal, except that there were parents waiting at the bus stops for the kids!! The bus deposits children right out side the various apartment complexes in broad daylight. Was it necessary for an adult to be there waiting? Very cool though. It's a foreign concept to me since my SAHM never did that with me. Even on my first day of kindergarten, I walked to the bus stop alone. She waved at me from our balcony. When we moved, I walked to school alone beginning in first grade. Mom was rarely awake in the mornings when I left for school. Never means none--rarely means maybe a handful of times from kindergarten through high school. Heck, there were times when AM kindergarten was canceled because of snow and I was at the bus stop. The big kids had to tell me I didn't have school and to go home. So given my experiences, it's very weird for me to see parents waiting at a bus stop for their tater tots.

2 comments:

Bri said...

Really?! The bus stop for the grade school is at the end of our driveway. There are probably 10 people, parents/grandparents/younger siblings waiting to see the kids off and welcome them home. It's a big social hoopla. It's when the playdates get booked. Ash waits with the parents/grandparents in the afternoon for her friends to get off the bus.

Workbooks - bwah haha. I bought those for Ash when she was two and it was still a bit early. If you do get the urge. Buy the wipe off ones and get a separate white board marker (the small sharpie shaped ones). They're awesome and if the kid decides to doodle instead of write letters - you just wipe it off and start over.

I can't wait for piglet updates and pictures!!!

goo2girl said...

I think it's AWESOME that there's a welcoming committee waiting for kids to get off the bus. That's what "community" is all about.

QE makes fun of me because I am totally sincere in my workbook purchasing urges. I can't help it. I see toys saying "ages 2+" and I think "Whatever. Piglet is smart. He can do it now." No wonder my brother won't move back! :)

I should be finished with a secret project this weekend. Can't wait to show it to you!