Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Stash is Good



Ok, so the formatting is a bit off, but here's a glimpse of my stash. I am proud (or is it ashamed???) to admit that I have more yarn tucked away elsewhere, like the basket in the family room that holds patterns and needles. Oh, and I have scraps and leftover yarn from projects in various little shopping tote bags. Don't let the rectangle basket fool you...there's a lot of yarn in there, mostly my "precious" yarn that is too "expensive" or "too good" to be used for my silly projects. What am I saving it for? No idea. I have a divine bit of Debbie Bliss pure silk in turquoise that I can't figure out what to do with--it was quite expensive for the tiny bit I got, so it's not enough to make anything except a hankie. I used some to make Mrs. Tea's "something blue" anklet for her wedding day. Yup, that's all the action the yarn's got in the 6-12 months that I've had it.

Here's a "tour" of my yarn, based solely on recollection...
Square basket, from front to back, left to right:
100% Australian wool in baby blue I bought online from Knit Happens, GGH Sublime yarn from KH, same Aussie wool in pink (I didn't know if my brother was having a girl or boy at the time); Nature Wool in cream, Classic Elite MarLa (this was the yarn that turned out to be four strands...each color you see is a strand of yarn), another GGH Sublime, Lamb's Pride aran (wool and mohair); Lamb's Pride bulky (green) and aran (pink), a soy and wool blend by Patons I think, MarLa in another color; more Lamb's Pride in aran and bulky. Can you tell Lamb's Pride was on sale??

In the rectangle basket, there is the DB Pure Silk, Rowan Baby Soft, Morehouse Farm merino wool in lavender and cream, Knit Picks wool sock yarn in a minty green, a lush alpaca sock weight in a moss green, a few Debbie Bliss Cathay in navy blue (leftover from my first picovoli sweater), a superwash merino in charcoal gray by GGH I think (leftover from my second picovoli), furry/frilly yarn in Bear Cub (South West Trading Co?), that's all I remember, but there's much more. The pictures are actually out of date now...I have since acquired more yarn (it's an addiction, sue me!).

As I mentioned in a previous post, I knitted a hooded sweater for piglet using Debbie Bliss Cashmerino aran. Poor me, I have a full skein and a half left. :) I am currently knitting my varigated red tote bag using Nature Wool. I bought these yarns prior to a job interview. Got there too early and needed to kill some time. tee hee!

Oh! I ordered a knitting bag and purse from divaknitting.com late last week and got my order on Monday. She's fantabulous...great prices, prompt shipping. The Diva is also a blogger and was published in the most recent issue of Knitty. Congratulations Cheryl! Anyway, my bag is Namaste's Executive Knitting Bag. It's roomy but still a manageable size. It's also great as an interview bag, when I need to stash a padfolio, makeup, extra pantyhose, etc. I also got a sheep tape measure. Very cute. I will take pictures and post later.

Anxiety of the week: I know it's early, but seasoned traveling knitters said we're basically at the mercy of the TSA dweebs on the dangerousness of our needles. WTF!!! TSA's site said knitting needles are allowed. Done! Stick with the policies, eh??? Nope, these travelers said bamboo or plastic is preferable to metal and would reduce the chances of confiscation or rejection. Obviously circulars would be the way to go given the cramp space and all. But they expect me to ditch my beloved Addis??? Please say it ain't so! I have one pair of Clover bamboo circulars and as much as I love my Clovers, nothing beats the smooth joints of Addi needles. Clover has great straight and double pointeds, but for circs, it's Addi or nothing. We can now add knitting needles to my list of separation anxieties. Angel, Davis, Cara, Addi. :)

No comments: