Saturday, August 04, 2007

Funeral Potatoes and Wedding Spaghetti

I bought five balls of Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran yarn at a cost of $42 for a hooded baby sweater. Ouch. It's really nice though. Smooth but not silky or limp. Thick but not chunky. So nice to knit. I was very relieved to learn that knitting needles are allowed on flights. QE called me a nerd for worrying about it.

We went to a flea market today. Very cool. Lots of treasures to be had. Too bad we didn't buy a single thing. We are too practical to buy things we don't need and don't see the point of buying goodies for the sake of collecting. We looked hard for something to buy...anything. No luck. Maybe next time.

The heels of most of my work shoes squeak. Is it a coincidence that all the shoes are from Ann Taylor? Don't know. Some are new this season too. It drives me crazy!!!

I've decided that we will host a small party for Princess Angel's 10th birthday. It's not every day a girl turns 10, you know. I think we will go with an Oreo ice cream cake from Maggie Moo's. She loves Oreos and enjoys sharing my ice cream. I think she will enjoy her cake. :) I hope to find a few party hats for the occasion. How does one put a party hat on a cat and keep it there???

What else is new...ah yes. Work will now be called the Dementors. It's not reference to any one person, but the general office. There are a few (only a very few) that are tolerable. The office truly sucks the life out of me. IG helpfully added that the office is very cold, which further supports the name Dementors. I can't figure out if we work in a very inefficient and wasteful building or if the menopausal hags in our office crank up the AC to alleviate their hot flashes. Either way, it's intolerable.

Our patio, deck and fence will be built in the next few weeks. I am so excited.

Davis is sweeter and needier than ever. QE kissed, hugged, and headbutted me as Buddy watched, his paws kneading the sofa. The moment QE left me, my sweet boy came to cuddle with me. I seem to also belong to Cara. She gets pissy when Davis is on my lap. Nevermind that she has no interest in snuggling with me, but nobody else is supposed to either. As a result, I am the usual venue for their fights. Nothing like being fought over and being the battleground, eh?

1 comment:

emily said...

I have only one pair of Ann Taylor shoes. No squeaking yet. :)