Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Knitting Cats


I miss knitting. Nothing lifts the spirits like picking up needles and yarn. My least favorite part of knitting is finding an interesting pattern AND the yarn/needles required. It seems I don't buy sufficient quantities when building my stash, so the 1 or 2 skeins I have are not enough. Gyah. But it's so expensive to buy all the delicious yarn without a project in mind! And of course, if I have four skeins, the project requires 6. I can't bring myself to knit a toy or doll using luxury yarn. Oh the cost! Oh the waste! Ah, such is the angst of a cheapskate knitter.

The kitties are doing well. Davis loves to snuggle on my projects if I am knitting. Cara is responding to her name when it suits her. She even knows "Okie" is her. Cara-Okie purrs for me and is starting to let me hold her. Angel has trained her daddy to brush her every night. She sits on the side of the tub and cries, whines, and begs until daddy brushes her to her satisfaction. If he stops before she's ready, she will let him know. Hilarious. Angel turns 10 on September 1. I still have not planned her birthday party. What a terrible mom!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was so good I am reading it again. All the tiny nuances and details that seemed insignificant the first time are so glaringly obvious now!

No comments: