Monday, July 16, 2007

Before It's Too Late


And laughter is my soul's release
But we're not smiling anymore
Can't we try to win this peace
'Cause we're never gonna win
Never gonna win this war
(Can't Let It Go)

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
(Iris)

You've been hiding in the shadows
Have you forgotten how we used to dream
(Become)

Cause all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
Got tossed along the way
...
Scars are souvenirs you never lose
The past is never far
(Name)

Well, I didn't intend for this post to sound so darn depressing, but sometimes I guess happy things can make you reflect on "the worst of times" and be thankful for your many blessings. I definitely have much to be thankful for. It's easy to forget that when I'm caught up in the rat race known as life. And who knew John Rzeznik had such eloquence in his lyrics? (well, I did, but probably not many others) I thought it was time for the severely under-appreciated Goo Goo Dolls to get recognized for their music. After all, they were the inspiration for my blog title.

I received a wonderful phone call today. Maybe I'm not the idiot quasimodo that deserves to be stuck in a prison cell after all. I don't think the call will release me, but it's still nice to know someone thinks I have potential and talent. Like the Goos, I may underappreciated, but it doesn't mean we don't kick ass! :) Rock and Roll!!!

2 comments:

emily said...

Is this the new goo song? I heard it twice over the weekend and saw a video...for some song I don't remember. An older one...

goo2girl said...

Before It's Too Late is their new song, on the Transformers soundtrack.