Thursday, July 05, 2007

Independence Day

July 4 is just another day on the calendar. But Independence Day is important and special, as it mark's our great nation's independence from British rule. Of course, most of us know that the Declaration of Independence was not signed by everyone on this date, but it's the day we choose to celebrate.

QE and I planned on watching a movie only to find it with limited showings and a victim of getting phased out for crap like Die Hard. We started our day at Starbucks (triple short americano!) and then went to Target. We migrated south to our "dream" shopping center and went to Borders and Michael's. I found Sugar n Cream yarn in 12-14 oz skeins for $5.99!!! The standard size is 2-2.5 oz for $1.49. What's interesting is that I found similar skeins in Beach Ball Blue at AC Moore, but with Bernat labels ($9.99). Could SnC (Lily) and Bernat be the same company? I think so, since that varigated blue was exclusive to Lily I thought. Whatever. I scored big hunks of yarn for a super awesome price!

Knit Happens is closing their online store. I'm not surprised. They are having a 15% discount storewide at their physical store beginning tomorrow. I just bought another pair of turbo addi in size 9 last week. This just means I need to go back and buy more! I have to say, I experimented and diversified my needle collection with a pair of Clover bamboo circulars and...well, they suck compared to addis. The joint is not even close to being as smooth as my beloved turbos. I still love bamboo straights and dpns though.

In other news, Davis took it upon himself to hop on the back of the sofa and headbutt my head. Sigh...he loves me. Angel slept by my legs as Davis gazed lovingly at me while I knitted. Cara slept on the leather chair for the most part and would occasionally stare at Davis. Which of course upset him even though she wasn't technically doing anything.

1 comment:

emily said...

Are you kidding? I am dying to see Live Free or Die Hard!