Saturday, July 14, 2007

A Spicy Affair

We had Chipotle for lunch. It was so good, I still can't stop thinking about it. Pathetic, but true. We decided to live on the wild side and got a side of chips and guac. Those chips are so darn good. Thick but lime and salt crusted. Quite different from Baja Fresh, which has very good chips that are thin. Both are great, just in different ways. Baja's guac wins most of the time though. It would be the clear winner if it nixed the tomatoes. Chipotle's guac is infested with cilantro and, this time at least, a bit on the mushy/slimy side.

In other news, it appears my brother and his wife have finally come to their senses and decided to birth their baby "at home" instead of her home country. Not sure why they finally came to that conclusion, but I am thrilled. It makes so much more sense (to me at least) and now we can go visit piglet! Who will care for our kids when we are gone??? It might be a few days, possibly up to a week. My poor little kitties will think I abandoned them. We might take them to a pet resort, but I have to say, their facilities aren't quite up to par in my book. Even the most expensive luxurious suite is still a glorified cage. I wonder if I could rent out the entire cat wing for our kitties. Unlikely. This would be a great opportunity for the amigos to bond with Cara, if that's ever possible. Maybe Cara can have her own suite next to the amigos. As much as I love Angel and Davis, I had no idea it was possible to squeeze more love out for Cara. But golly gee, if only those stubborn furry heads realized just how much I love them.

1 comment:

emily said...

YAY!!! I'm so happy they will stay put to have the baby! AND vacay for you to see piglet! I hope you guys have your passports in order!