Thursday, January 31, 2008

3.838

Got my official transcript from college last night. My GPA was nowhere close to what I thought it was. I am disappointed in myself. QE says I'm a nerd (so MEAN!) and nobody cares about my GPA except me. I knew I graduated summa cum laude and it only required a 3.8 overall. I thought I was in excess of 3.9 for some reason. Looking at my transcript, I had a 4.0 the spring semester of my junior year (I knew that) and a 3.88 fall of my senior year (I thought I got a 4.0). Is it a coincidence that I met QE that semester? Hm...I think he is to blame for my downfall. He distracted me! He corrupted me! :) I guess mathematically it wasn't logical for me to have a 3.9+ GPA since I did have a sprinkling of B/B+ in my freshman and sophomore years. I never thought of my alma mater as a "real" school for various reasons, so to counter that, I felt I needed a good GPA to offset some of the negative connotations. Again, QE said that our school is only "bad" in my eyes. Nobody else cares. Maybe he's right. But as someone who caused my delinquency, he can't be right. :)

2 comments:

emily said...

He's absolutely right. I mean I wish I went to a different school because I wanted to have a real college experience - but your gpa is awesome and your degree is not bogus.

Unknown said...

Why did you request for a transcript? It's all about titles and not actual GPA numbers. 3.8, 3.9, 3.95... what's the difference. No matter what you're a nerd since you are analyzing the second and third decimal places of your GPA! :)