Friday, January 25, 2008

Whatevs

You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats his fellow animals.

~ Paul McCartney

It's been an emotional week. Much excitement, lots of work, and all sort of daily grind crap that are all blessings in their own way. Cara has resumed tormenting her siblings. I guess one week of good behavior is all her little body is capable of. Maybe I should trick her into believing in Santa Claws as a means of getting her to behave. (bad mom! manipulation is wrong!) The dementors suck the life out of me, even if we don't talk or interact. It doesn't bother me as much anymore. I get what I need out of this twisted relationship.

Our home value has dropped a lot. A LOT. Brings-tears-to-our-eyes A LOT. But, we are fortunate that we can easily make our mortgage payments. We are blessed that we have such a nice house to begin with. So, I guess it shouldn't bother us what the value is. Except that it does for various reasons.

Next knitting project is a wrap from Knitty using Lorna's Laces Fisherman. Finished dad's second scarf. "The first was thicker [it's a 2x2 rib] but not wide enough. This one is not as thick. Don't knit me anymore scarves." Damn right I'm not. All I get is complaints. One of my first how-to knit books was right--never knit a gift for someone who is not a knitter; they will not appreciate the time or effort.

On happy notes...2008 Honda Accord coupe. Put one in my driveway. No questions asked. :) QE is starting to think that a $60+ swift is worth the price for him not having to hold my hanks of yarn while I wind them up. Went to PetSage to get Davis and Cara some food and got into a wonderfully intellectual discussion with the owner about cat nutrition. She's got some sort of medical/nutrition/holistic background and only sells food without by-products and other scary things like animal digest (in many cat treats). Our will is almost complete. I'm happy that we'll be supporting several much-deserved charities. Have I mentioned that Frap gave me the most beautiful scarf for Christmas??? Oh.Wow. Rowan Big Wool in a pretty bright pink. Seed stitch (k,p). Love the look, hate the deed. So beautiful. With my brown coat, it looks like raspberries and chocolate. Yum. So pretty. And fringe! There's a cute fringe on the ends too. :) Finally, Mr and Mrs. Frap (with Latte, I assume) will be coming over next weekend. I'm baking a chocolate-espresso pecan pie and double ginger cookies. And maybe chocolate chip cookies. I think I said I would make brownies too. And homemade gluhwein! It will go great with the ginger cookies. Made gluhwein for QE last week and he said it tasted just like the ones we had at Marienplatz. :)

4 comments:

emily said...

latte misses you :)

goo2girl said...

Latte and I should do math problems together! :)

Unknown said...

A drop in the value of your house is not an issue as long as you dont sell it, so why are you unhappy about it? How I wish I had your concerns!

emily said...

I agree. I'm the one who should be distraught because I'm selling! By the way, pnut is a HUGE Paul McCartney fan.