Thursday, January 17, 2008

Swirlies

It's been a while since I've written. So much anger, rage, joy and happiness inside, all swirling together.

A tiger at San Francisco's zoo was killed after escaping her enclosure and attacking several humans. Reports said she was probably provoked since there were various materials and branches in the enclosure that were "not consistent or within" her habitat. Here's what I want to know: tigers are endangered animals...isn't killing one (in a zoo no less) defeating the purpose of saving tigers and all the research/breeding programs? Wonder what Jules aka Shtinky Puddin has to say about that.

My knitting is coming along again. I took a break to read a few books and now I'm back to my true love. QE offered to take me yarn shopping this weekend. It's kind of interesting how my desire to buy yarn has waned ever since I got my shelf...maybe his strategy of making me see all my loot to reduce stashing worked, contrary to his shopping offers. Hmmmm...

Got an awesome book of knitting patterns for toys from Frap! I can't wait to knit all of the goodies.

My allergy shots are killing me. The good news is that I am down to once every three weeks. The bad news is that I suffer for much of the time between shots. I have big triceps that rival any bodybuilder for almost a week. Zyrtec becomes OTC on January 24.

Angel is healing very nicely. Cara is mean beyond belief. She literally spends all day stalking or guarding her siblings. She will wake from a nap to charge them if they dare walk downstairs to hang out with us.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How come rage and anger? And how come you have such jumbo triceps?

goo2girl said...

My shots have steroids in them to help pump.me.up. :) It's because my immune system reacts to the serums and causes my arm to swell and itch. Today, I actually have a bruise the size of my palm and a ring of red circling it. It looks so ugly and gross.