Sunday, March 09, 2008

Guilty as Charged

My loot from the first day's shopping. The pile is higher than it seems--maybe I shouldn't admit that. :) Angel and I had a great time sorting through everything that night. I keep forgetting to take pictures of Round Two. My family came over this weekend and got a glimpse of my yarn room. Ooops. I would take pics of it, but it's incriminating even without the second day's loot.

In other yarn news, I am still developing a good cupcake pattern. My first run didn't go as I envisioned but it was still fun. Bought some beads today so I have more color varieties for cupcake sprinkles. Finished two pairs of mary jane-styled booties for piglet this past week too. What the heck am I going to do with all this yarn? Thinking of what to make and then finding the pattern is torture. Why can't there be a knitting fairy telling me what I should knit with each type of yarn? I bet Ravelry has some nifty tools and features but I am just not a techno person. I tried to use the site once. I didn't get it. Too complicated. :)

Bought a new camera a few weeks ago. It was a good deal. I take it everywhere I go. It's neat to chronicle daily things because I can. I still hate moving pics to our computer (is that uploading or downloading???) and then to Flickr. This technology crap is just not my thing. My ELPH has lots of cool features that I read about in the manual. I have no idea how to activate or use them now that the manual is put away. Elf barks after each pic. It amuses the kitties. Speaking of which...QE picked out a DVD for our kids (QE!!!!) I thought I was nuts for being amused and the store was nuts for selling such silliness. But QE actually suggested we buy it. Davis was captivated. My parents watched as Davis sat in front of the television like a little kid. It was adorable. They wouldn't have believed me if they didn't witness it themselves.

2 comments:

emily said...

ha - I can see it now: first, Angel and QE battle for the chair. Then, Davis and QE battle for the tv!!! LOVE the yarn, btw. I don't know how you don't just swim in it. It's so lovely.

goo2girl said...

Yeah, the kitties definitely put us in our place. We never forget who is boss. I'm waiting for you before I swim. Always swim with a buddy, right? :)