Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hey Cupcake!

I've finished several cupcakes and two mini cupcakes. I gave away my prototype and my first "official" one--the service guy at the car dealership saw it and thought it was adorable, so I gave it to him. Why a 50+ year old man needs a girly knitted cupcake is none of my business, I suppose. :)

I'm kind of in a knitting rut since I've knit all the full-size cakes in Debbie Bliss cotton angora. I love the yarn and it works really well for the project, but I feel guilty that my sweets are all uniform. Where's the flair? I guess that will have to come later since I need to finish up my six-pack and minis before getting too creative. A certain girl has a pink Disney Princess toy oven. I am SO JEALOUS! It's very cute. And PINK!!!! Anyway, she needs to have girly cakes to go in her awesome oven, so this elf needs to get baking.

4 comments:

Bri said...

That girl bakes her heart out every day. Those cupcakes get "baked" and "eaten" at least once a day.

I have some other knitty type ideas that I could commission you for if you get cupcaked out :P

goo2girl said...

Bring on the ideas! I haven't forgotten about the pants--I just too intimidated to consider them. :)

emily said...

You of all people have no reason to be intimidated. :)

goo2girl said...

You have done more "scary" stuff like cables and fingerless gloves! I can knit pants, but to have them with a monster or critter design would require a pattern showing the color/stitches.