Friday, March 07, 2008

Red Ring of Death

I first learned this phrase from the cover of QE's XBox magazine. I thought it was a new game coming out. I waited for QE to gush about it, but he never did. Last week, we got a visit from the dreaded Red Ring of Death. QE was crushed. Heartbroken. Traumatized. Restless. It was painful to watch. He was worse than a drug addict in rehab. The box to ship his unit back to Microsoft came last night. I'm not clear if they will fix and return this specific machine to us or if we'll get a refurbished replacement. All told, QE will be without his BFF and soulmate for about a month. He is distraught.

I have to admit, the RRD is kind of pretty. The power symbol is green and the circle is red. Pretty bright lights...

2 comments:

emily said...

Ha! I'm sure QE doesn't think it's pretty :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.