Wednesday, July 23, 2008

120 eggs

OH.YEAH I ordered 10 dozen eggs from Polyface. I am so excited I am ready to jump out of my skin. :) I haven't decided if it's worth going into work after the pick up but if I do, I will have to make arrangements with Grandpa Goo to care for my little beauties. My dad will have to run a nursery day care for my little eggs! (you can ignore my craziness) He'll get to keep however many he wants as a babysitting fee. I could take them home and then drive to work but that's backtracking and NOT earth-friendly. Dad passed on officially ordering eggs or meat since he "just bought a dozen eggs for $3. They are the nice ones that come in the special boxes." Oy. "Besides, your eggs were rather small last time [they were medium eggs, DAD!!!!] Although, they did have a much yellower yolk." I tried to explain to him that the yellowness comes from hens who eat real grass and peck at real dirt and bugs. He's convinced that his eggs are just as good, coming from hens with freedom to roam. Someday, dad.

It recently occurred to me that our kitties are innocent victims of us being vegetarian. They don't get to mooch bits of meat from our meals anymore.

1 comment:

emily said...

yay, eggs!