Monday, November 06, 2006

Anxiously Happy

Thanksgiving will be upon us in mere weeks. WHERE HAS 2006 GONE????? I am quite excited about the holidays this year. We decided gifts this year will be gift cards. What a big stress off our shoulders! After knowing people for 10 years, it gets hard to think up imaginative, thoughtful and cool gifts. Gift cards to their favorite places should hopefully be welcomed by all. And if not, they can stick it up their arse. :)

The kids are getting a big cat tree from Santa Claws this year. We will get it from Pet Sage. They recently added a little girl to their family. And she is adorable. She is about six months old, tiny and very soft. Diva is truly the softest kitty ever. So beautiful. I nested right there in the store.

Finally, we decided we will put up a tree this year. We were living with my folks last year, so our tree was in storage. (Yes, we have a fake tree--why kill a tree for our selfish seasonal need???) And the year before that, we learned that Davis likes fake pine needles. He enjoys chewing and eating them. And then puking it back up. The ever-brilliant QE suggested we put the tree in the library where we can enjoy it through the closed glass doors. The kids will go nuts seeing that tempting tree and not being able to explore it. Davis' obsession is worse (and funnier!) than I thought. I had a wreath for the front door. Davis followed me throughout the house, head tilted up the whole time, eyes transfixed on that delish fake pine. I literally could not go more than one step away from him. I had to lock him in the powder room so I could go outside and hang up the wreath. That's our little Buddy!

No comments: