Tuesday, November 07, 2006

My Jollies

So, Frappie has observed my disdain for the holidays for quite some time now. After further pondering, I don't think it has to do with the holidays themselves as much as the stress associated with it. Pile on that the last four months are the worst for us financially, and you can understand why I am a Grumpy Goo. Car insurance, life insurance, car property tax, real estate property tax. Isn't that enough to make anybody just a bit cranky??? And then pile on thinking up thoughtful Christmas gifts only to be told it's not good enough? Ah, well.

So we're doing gift cards this year. Simple enough, right? Not if QE is involved. He complicates things without even trying or knowing. I thought Home Depot/Lowes would make a wonderful gift to the MIL since she's redoing her kitchen. QE said it's not a nice gift. WTF??? So now he can deal with his mother while I enjoy the holidays with my kitty cats.

1 comment:

emily said...

It seems like a thoughtful gift to me - esp if they ARE working on the kitchen!