Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Beggars Can Be Choosers

We eat our meals on the family room coffee table, sitting on the floor. Angel knows when it's meal time and will follow us around. When we finally settle in, say grace and prepare to eat, she will sit next to me and stare. And headbutt quite forcefully. I'm afraid I have spoiled her, trained her, and otherwise positively reinforced that by begging, she may get some of mommy's yummy human food. Most of the time our meals are unfit for kitties since they include spices, onions, or other non-cat-friendly ingredients. That doesn't stop Princess Angel though. She demands to smell, inspect and otherwise see my food only to realize "Ick. I don't want this." I resume eating after my inspection but continue to get harassed because Angel is convinced that my food has changed and she wants some too! Round 2. Show Angel my food, she snubs, I eat. Round 3, repeat. Round 4: mom, I'm still here!!! Beggars CAN be choosers it seems.

1 comment:

emily said...

You are TOO good to those kitties. :P