Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Picovoli Finished, sort of

I finished my shirt/sweater last night. It looks great except it's too short. I think that it turned out exactly like the pattern, but it still hits too high on the hip for my liking. So now I have to un-bind off, rip out the seed stitch hem, and continue knitting in stockinette for a few more rounds. The hem is supposed to be in stockinette too, but the seed stitch looks really nice. :)

I think I will cheat and instead of un-knitting each stitch for five rows, I will use the SnB method and weave a needle into where I want to rip, snip the work loose and rip away until I reach the needle. Much easier I think. It will have to wait until this weekend because it's too much pressure for the train ride. And it will definitely take more than an hour to undo what I want. But I still like my picovoli.

1 comment:

emily said...

AWESOME! congrats! pictures!