Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Greener Grass

I've been at my current job/employer for six months. And I still miss my old employer, whom I gave eight years of my life. Do I want to go back? Not really. But I still miss my old bosses, the founders of the company. There was a time years ago that I hated them with every ounce of me. Have I matured and now see the err in my ways? Have they changed? Did leaving them open my eyes to how the real world sucks? I don't know. The bottom line is that the guys were good people and more importantly, good managers. Things have changed a lot at the company, including new management, so I am confident I do not wish I worked there. Having the same employer for eight years is bound to cause some heartache I suppose. It's like breaking up from a long-term relationship. It's for the best, but it still causes an emptiness in the heart. For one thing, those bellyaching employees at the company have NO IDEA how good they have it. Everyone has a window office. EXCELLENT benefits where the company paid 80% of insurance premiums with great coverage and a broad network. Casual dress--jeans every day! Were there bad parts to the company? Of course. But those memories tend to fade, leaving only the glory of the good times.

No comments: