Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Parenthood

It's no secret that I am nesting. QE predicted that I would nest years ago. His theory is that women in their early 30s get baby fever and there's nothing we can do about it. We may not all get preggers, but we will all hanker for a cute sweet-smelling bundle of baby. And given how everyone Frappie knows is either pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or recently birthed, I hear about so-and-so's pregnancy trials and tribulations. That makes me long for a cooing bundle of my own even more. Except that I'm smart enough to know that the last thing we need is a kid in our lives. I am curious about being pregnant. Ok, not really. :) But it would be neat to feel kicking from within my own body. (ahhh! I'm possessed by aliens!!!) We would need a nanny of course. And if we do not adopt, I expect a huge push present from QE for inflicting pain and torture on me. YOU DID THIS TO ME!

So what gives with all this baby talk? (come on, take a guess...) Yup, it has to do with our cats, aka our kids. We have to wipe Angel's girlie area on a regular basis since she can't reach. Last night, upon contact with a baby wipe, I got sprayed. With a black liquid. Luckily, most of it landed on my vanity. But a few drops did hit my arm. EW. I wiped Angel while QE held her, and then let her go. Totally grossed out, QE made liberal use of Lysol to clean up the poo juice. What's weird is that I did not touch Angel's butt, which may have caused an involuntary reflex (that's how momma cats litter box train kittens--momma licks kitten's butt while in the litter box to cause kitten to go potty). The good news is that Angel's girlie area was rather clean, so maybe she is starting to lose weight and can reach a little.

It also confirmed that parenthood isn't for us. More power to all you peeps happy to spawn. Go for it! I will play and love your baby until it decides to expel liquids or solids from any openings. One more thing. My MIL told us on our last visit that QE's nephew (age 6 or 7?) manipulated her. Justin had to go potty and told MIL that he couldn't wipe yet and made her wipe his ass. MIL knew he could take care of himself and chose not to. And his parents confirmed that Justin is fully capable of wiping his own nasty white ass. OMG I would have let him sit there. For hours if necessary.

2 comments:

emily said...

LMAO!!!!!!! This was a disgusting and hilarious post. Maybe you should just have kids to get the curiosity out of you. :P

goo2girl said...

I am still waiting for you to get pregnant. Before the wedding would be hilarious!!! Kids to satisfy my curiosity...do I get to give up the kid when I'm bored with it?