Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Anti-Girl

Today is a Hallmark holiday. It's mostly guys who woo their women with flowers, sappy cards and a meal. I've never been a fan of this holiday because I think we should treat our loved ones nice every day of the year. If that happened, we wouldn't need a specific day to honor our pookie pie or snookums. Maybe I'm just lucky that my QE is a sappy love-fool every day.

About two weeks ago, QE asked if I wanted some cherries as dessert. (I hate fruit) I jokingly said I would eat some only if he removed the stems and pitted them. I went to go online and about 10 minutes later, he presented me with a bowl of halved cherries and his cherry-stained fingers. So cute and sweet.

The running joke is that when I lived at home, my dad would coax me to eat fruit by peeling and cutting it into bite-sized pieces. QE rolled his eyes and groaned the first time I told him. I've since ribbed QE with "My DAD used to do this for me..." And the two times we've temporarily lived with him, he would still cut up a pear or apple for me while I gloated and QE groaned. I guess now it's time for dad to step up his game. QE wins with the cherries. :)

3 comments:

emily said...

Happy heart day, snookums! Where's my free dinner??? LOL Also, cheers for QE!

goo2girl said...

You will always be my first and true love, pookie pants. Don't forget I'm supposed to take "her" to Red Hot & Blue tonight. hahaha

Unknown said...

Hey, where's my meal? At least a Hersey's kiss or something...