Sunday, February 24, 2008

LOVE Liz!

As I previously mentioned, I was expecting a shipment of goodies from Liz Lovely. First, let me just say I'm not a big peanut butter cookie fan but Liz's are so darn awesome that I smile from the inside. It's hard for me to say if pb is better than the ginger, but I think it might have won my heart. Wah. So good. It's got a great flavor without that funky pb essence. I also ordered the Cowboy cookies (oatmeal, choc chip and walnut). It's good too, but it reminds me of cookie dough. I'm not big on cookie dough and never fight for the mixing bowl--that's all QE. How good are Liz cookies? So good that QE and I ignored the other temptations in our pantry all weekend. The Oreos (me), the Joe-Joes (QE), and everything else. We also got the dark chocolate covered pretzels (WAHHH!) and dark chocolate almonds (double WAAAAH!). The pretzels were intended for QE since he's a pretzel freak, but I found myself fighting the urge to hide them from him. And don't get me started on the almonds. So good. The chocolate isn't overly sweet. Just pure yum. Sigh...how can one place make so many goodies and have them all be organic/fair trade/vegan? That's just not fair. I am going to gain weight if I keep this up! Here's the best part--the dark choc covered stuff are on sale (if there's any left!). What's even more awesome is that they shipped the SAME DAY I ordered! That beats Estee Lauder, who ships the next business day. This is all Andy the Liz Marketing guy's fault--he sent me two free ginger cookies and got me to fall in love. Before, I knew about Liz but talked myself out of ordering by thinking it's vegan so it can't be as good as conventional homemade.

I also love that I can buy these goodies and know I am supporting a small business who truly believes in changing the world. It is very inspiring. The "plastic" tubs the choc stuff comes in is made from corn and can be composted. The flier insert about the company is from 100% recycled post-consumer waste paper produced by wind power. We CAN change the world. I think I'll do it one cookie at a time. :) And yes, I can't stop thinking about those poor cookies waiting for me. They are so lonely! I need to rescue them! In case you're wondering, the pretzels and almonds never made it to the pantry...they stay on our coffee table. :)

2 comments:

emily said...

Nice find! Congrats! My current diet (and shopping sacrifice) does not allow me to indulge in such goodies. :(

Cowboy Dan said...

Liz Lovely loves you too... ;)