Monday, June 26, 2006

Mere Cat

I love Meerkat Manor on Animal Planet. And it turns out Davis does too!!! We snuggled on the sofa together last night and watched the show together. He only watched about 10 minutes because the thunderstorms came, but he was very focused on the show. He is so cute when he's watching tv. He spent lots of time hiding in the pantry (his safe area) thanks to the storms. He slept in the pantry at least one night.

So Frappie and her peeps came over Saturday night. I think they had a good time. I certainly did. She makes a killer sangria. Who knew? Our knitting lessons weren't as successful as I had hoped. I don't think I'm a very good teacher. Frappie and Latte (her daughter) learned to cast on and knit. Both seemed to learn how to cast on, but knitting proved difficult. I thought Latte was going to get it because she was so good at casting on! She would knit when I was watching but when I focused on Frappie, Latte would show me one big jumble as her accomplishment. Oh well. We'll have to meet up for more lessons. I'm happy Latte is excited about knitting. Hopefully I can be a good teacher to her.

1 comment:

emily said...

You're a great teacher! Plus, we had some powerful drink in us. We practiced most of the weekend, but will require another session! I already forgot how to purl. ^^

Had a GREAT time - must do it again!