Friday, June 30, 2006

Strings and Sticks

Kate is almost done. She still looks like Piglet to me. One of her arms isn't as tightly knit so her fluffinstuff peeks through. She was fun to knit, but not challenging. I can't decide if I want to make the Baby Bobbi Bear (Blue Sky Alpaca) again. That was challenging. And it's rather expensive to make a $10+ bear. I guess I'm just cheap. Although, I do sleep with Ted (my pink bear). Last night, I couldn't find Ted, so hubby had to get out of bed, turn on the lights, and help me find Ted. It's almost my nightly ritual now. Hilarious.

So we are going to visit the Knit Happens tomorrow!!!! We have to get the kitties' food at PetSage, so we will be in the area. I need a haircut. Those are my only plans for the holiday weekend. QE (aka Hubby) is trying to get me to play Resident Evil with him. Um, no. What part of "I'm scared" doesn't he understand?! Besides, he needs to be studying for his final anyway.

We decided Davis is half dog and half cat. He comes when called, he greets me at the door, and he follows me around. Meanwhile, princess Angel has been subjected to my regular "wipings" since she can't reach. I think--no, I KNOW--she's lost some fur 'down there' thanks to me. Yikes. But the wipes clean her effectively and I try to be gentle. It's better than her getting crusty and dirty, right? QE says she's strong (he has to hold her down). And she will sometimes cry and protest, but after she jumps off my vanity, she will sit and wait outside the bathroom door. She knows she gets treats for suffering through and has come to expect the treats. Last night, I walked out of the bathroom and she led me into the hallway. She stopped mid-way to wait for me to catch up. Once I reached the hallway, she started proceeding to their bedroom and waited for her goodies. What a smart girl.

3 comments:

emily said...

Kate is sweet - I love her! I can't wait until I can knit like you!

Um, even the FIRST Resident Evil was scary - nevermind the latest XBox 360 version where they are ready to invade your living room. NO THANKS. wtf is QE thinking?! LOL

And, what you do for Angel - dude, you're a way better cat mom than I can even dream to be. I have zero tolerance.

goo2girl said...

It's either wipe Angel or let her get yucky, risk infection and develop peeing issues. She's my Pudding and I'm her mom. It's what mommies do for their babies! :) I know you would do the same for your kids if you had to. She doesn't seem to mind it too much. I feel bad for making her "Brazilian"!

emily said...

TMI, woman!