Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day!


As promised, here is a picture of Simon, who has not visited my blog in over a week. QE received the same threat and has been reading my blog but not commenting. Hm. We'll see if we can change that. :)

I bought Blue Sky Alpaca yarn for Latte's bear. Because the yarn Frappie and I chose was 100% alpaca, I had to use three skeins, knitting two strands at once. Natural Medium Tan. It is so soft and lush. I am having a very hard time knitting it and knowing I won't get to keep it. Because I have learned a lot thanks to the Stitch N Bitch Handbook, the bear looks much nicer than the one I made for myself. Here is Kate completed. QE and I think she still looks like Piglet because of her colors. She's not perfect, but cute nonetheless. Maybe I will sell her.

In addition to the yummy yarn I bought for Latte's project, I also bought some soft and fuzzy baby yarn for a pregger friend. Just need to find a simple pattern for a sweater or overalls and get her approval before I proceed. Maybe she's not into knitted goods. Or maybe she won't want to dress her baby girl in blue. As a first-time mom, I know I would be a momzilla over my baby.

The kids are doing fine. Davis loves to sit on my lap when I am knitting. I usually stop knitting so he can quit batting and chewing on my yarn. But even that's not enough--he wants my undivided attention. If I am reading or watching tv, he will climb further up on me to my chest, look me straight in the eyes, and put a paw on me. "Hey mom, pay attention to me." Angel is still her same old self. I swear she is the cutest cat ever. Those blue eyes hypnotize me to do whatever she wants.

No plans for today. We didn't have any luck getting the Weber grill we want. It's special order at Home Depot. Why would a $150 grill be special order???? So, we have a $25 Lowe's card for buying a ceiling fan. We were going to use that and the AmEx gift cards from Frappie to buy our coveted trash can. Except that I still can't bring myself to spend that kind of money for a freakin' trash can. It would be minimal cash outlay for us, but the opportunity cost is still there. Those gift cards could be spent on something else instead.

2 comments:

emily said...

Did you get the trash can??

Also, I freakin' LOVE the latte bear...I am going to kidnap it.

emily said...

AND...tell Simon I'm laughing at him. Bring on the QE pictures.