Monday, July 24, 2006

Grilling Guru

There's something about starting a fire and cooking your food over an open flame that's really cool. QE bought Cowboy Charcoal (aka hippie charcoal) that looked like blackened pieces of wood instead of the chemically treated briquets used by most people. It's supposed to be easier to start, last longer, burn hotter, etc. The best part was that our food didn't have that off taste to it. The fire was hard to start thanks to a breeze that swept through every time I lit a match. And we didn't have that charcoal chimney thing. It took a long time to get the flame going, but that was due to me not using enough hippie charcoal I think. When it did get going, the coals looked beautiful. The highlight of my grilling was the corn husks catching fire, despite me soaking the corn for an hour. Hilarious. "My corn is on fire! My corn is on fire!"

No comments: