Friday, July 07, 2006

Fraidy Cat

Davis is now very timid and skittish. He's doing ok with me but still a bit weary. He purrs for me and will seek my attention. Davis will run and hide from QE though. Apparently he spent most of the afternoon/evening under our bed until I got home from work. He hid under the bed again when QE was vacuuming their room. The cats usually scatter when the vac is on, but hiding under the bed never happened. So we went to bed with Davis still under our bed. And he was under our bed again this morning when he realized QE was awake and fixing their breakfast. QE insists he didn't do anything mean or cruel to Davis, so we're not sure why Davis is so freaked out by QE. Davis has always been a momma's boy and a bit flipped out by dad, but dad also has a habit of tumbling down the stairs like a herd of elephants, so I would be startled to wake from nap that way too. Our poor boy is very sensitive and he must have been traumatized by yesterday's events. He will come around I'm sure. I don't even want to think what would happen if I was no longer in Davis' life. His heart would probably break since he has bonded with me to tightly.

The good news is that my beloved blanket does not smell. Go figure! I sopped up as much pee as I could then doused the blanket with Nature's Miracle. We moved the blanket to the spare bedroom in hopes it would catch some sun. Sure enough, the smell is gone. Ok, not 100%, but I had to sniff really hard several times before I picked up the faint smell. So last night, I applied more Nature's Miracle and worked it into the down. I will let it air out for another few days before I use it.

May go shopping this weekend. I got pimped out for a trip to NYC but I don't want to go. Especially if Frappie won't go with me. Latte's bear is almost done. The head is really big. I have to say, my least favorite part of a project is stuffing the item. It always turns out uneven or lumpy. Bear still needs two arms, two ears, and a face. I'm hooked on a Hello Kitty party planning game for GBA. Bought it for less than $9! My primary goal this weekend is to bond with the cats. They both seem a bit weary and neglected since I've been playing Hello Kitty for the past two nights. Davis is a good boy. I hope he understands why it's not ok to pee on stuff. I don't regret adopting him because I know he would have died otherwise. And despite what he does, his life is still precious, just as all lives are. We're all born with a mommy and daddy, regardless of our species, and we were all nurtured by someone at some point in our lives.

1 comment:

emily said...

You're crazy for not being excited about NYC ^^

Also, am glad you were able to save the comforter!