Monday, July 10, 2006

Yes, Deer

As I was un/loading the dishwasher yesterday in the early evening, I noticed some greenery outside moving too briskly to be wind. Looking out the kitchn window, I see a deer chomping on a big bush-like plant that had leaves similar to ferns and bamboo. It was a boy deer with antlers! He looked bigger and more muscular than the girls. His antlers weren't huge but a good size, and they looked furry/fuzzy! I watched him for a while and he got on his hind legs to reach the plant. Looking around, I noticed MORE deer! As I continued to look, it became a find-the-deer game. In total, I saw four boys and one girl. I've only seen girls prior to this, so seeing a boy was rather neat. I waved at them and they seemed to see me, but they didn't react. The bucks' tails seem to be longer than the doe's. Now if only we can get them to eat our weeds.

1 comment:

emily said...

If you can get them to eat your weeds, let me know. I'll come over and pick them up so they can work on my yard next. ^^