Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Brain Vomit

Aye. First of all, I want to know how people, companies, ANYONE can in good conscience make a bad cup of coffee. Although I am a coffee snob and only appreciate the beauty of Starbucks, I will drink other stuff if necessary. I like frou frou flavors too. But just because the coffee is flavored doesn't mean it has to taste like brown water. Where's the body and texture???

I was thinking of braving the heat for a cup of glorious Starbucks earlier this week, and grabbing a snack too. Nerd that I am, I had to look at the nutrition info for their pastries. Holy crap. Nothing had less than 13 grams of fat and/or 400 calories. For those numbers, I can eat a bag of peanut M&Ms! And I sure did! Dang they were good too. My peanut M&M addiction is worse than any other...one pack every day (ok, averages to one pack a day since I had two on Monday and won't have any today) probably offsets all the exercising I've been doing. Who knew I still had ab muscles???

The boucle yarn I am using for the bunny blanket is driving me nuts. It looks so nice, but I hate boucle. It's hard to knit because I can't see clearly what I am doing. So I end up ripping rows more frequently than I should for such an easy project.

I woke up to see Buddy curled up under the bedroom window on my side of the bed. He was tucked between the wall and my nightstand. He's so cute. He seems sad lately, but I don't know why. I need to pay more attention to him. I have a 10% off everything coupon for Petco and want to buy the kids a bigger perch thing. Evil dad says no, they don't need any more furniture since everything we have is their furniture.

Looking forward to firing up the barbie this weekend. We finally got a Weber charcoal grill. Gas grills are for wimps.

2 comments:

emily said...

You are a STARBUCKS snob! LOL There are some good cafes that have WAY better than the Starbucks - they burn their beans, y'kno!

I feel your pain with the fat/calorie watch. Just gotta keep active. Pat says Weight Watchers is great! I have zero discipline.

Have a great barbecue!!! I can smell it already...drool....

goo2girl said...

Quad iced americano! NOW I'm excited about Friday! I'm always nice to you, butthead! Let's recap tomorrow's "events"--bagel Friday at work, pizza lunch paid by company, Haagen-Daaz Mayan Choc ice cream tasting (they are a client), and iced quad americano with no extra water!

Dark choc M&Ms or peanut M&Ms...now that's a tough decision!