Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Love New York

Well, not exactly. My flight on US Airways was great. I even got on an earlier flight home. New York itself was ok. I didn't spend much time there. Can't understand a thing the cabbies say and they drive so darn fast! The roads (lanes) seem narrower than ours--a few times I thought we were going to get hit because the cars are so close to each other. The buildings are huge and beautiful. But from the street level, everything is so dull and rundown looking. Pedestrians clearly own the road and cross during "Don't Walk" and jaywalk like they want to get run over. I also witnessed a major honking fest when a few cars blocked the intersection. I saw the Waldorf Astoria. Again, it looked dingy and not the dreamy heaven I expected. I would be interested in going back and exploring NY, but maybe with a "tour guide" friend who could lead us to interesting stuff. Someone who could show us what may strike our fancy and not necessarily what they like. QE and I are all about the food. Yum. Food.

2 comments:

emily said...

Planning to go this autumn - wanna go? ^^

goo2girl said...

I don't know. It all depends on when you go. :)