Friday, June 09, 2006

This Week's Accomplishments

So, this week has been Techno Week for me. Yes, I am still reveling in the fact that **I** of all people have a blog! But aside from that, I learned how to create and use pivot tables in Excel. It's so easy that I can't believe I was so intimidated by it!

I also finished a knitting project this week. It was a Morehouse Farm pattern for a pouch/purse type of thing. I used Blue Sky's 50/50 alpaca silk yarn and it turned out lovely. For this project, I learned how to make buttonholes. I will post pics later. Maybe on my Flickr site, once I figure out how to do that. :)

I also purchased Stitch N Bitch Handbook last weekend, which has excellent how-tos on all the cool knitting techniques. The author is a feminist and has her PhD from Yale. Very cool chick. www.knithappens.com

And a shameless plug for one of my new favorite yarn pushers--Jannette's Rare Yarns on ebay. She's in the UK, has lots of Turbo Addi needles and Debbie Bliss yarns (among others). I ordered last Friday and received my stuff yesterday!!! Good prices, charmingly sweet woman, and I love her store. I bought needles of course, and Debbie Bliss pure silk yarn in turquoise. Delish.

1 comment:

emily said...

You have no idea how PROUD I am of you - having a blog! This is WONDERFUL!!!

wtf is pivot table in Excel?!