Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Must be Love

This morning, Davis decided to pee on my down comforter. This is my treasured blanket that we received as a wedding gift. It's one of those $350 ones that we would never buy for ourselves. And he pees on it. Why? Because the litter boxes were too dirty. Hubby doesn't think it's the boxes, but it is. Every time the boxes are too dirty, Davis will act up and pee inappropriately. I am still seething and to some extent, take it personally. Davis and I have both been sick and I took Monday off. We spent the day snuggling, napping and bonding. So for him to pee on my bedding is just rude. And he knew exactly what he was doing! So I don't know if my blanket can be saved, but I will try. Nature's Miracle can only do so much, and I imagine it would take several treatments to get the smell out. But through it all, I still love that gray cat. Darn it all! I'm still mad but I would never take it out on him. I guess that's what love is all about.

3 comments:

emily said...

Did you find out why he did it? Was it really the litter pan? You're more patient than I am. Still trying to find a suitable home for Fluffenstein.

goo2girl said...

It was almost certain because the litterboxes were too dirty. What was I supposed to do? Hit him? Kick him out? It's rarely the cat's fault when they go potty outside the box. There's always a reason for it.

goo2girl said...

I am not amused, Simon!