Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Heal the Pain

Oh.My. George's music is timeless. Careless Whisper, Last Christmas, One More Try...still love them like I did back in the 80s. Other than reminding me that the 80s were twenty years ago, it's all good. Paul McCartney duet on right now. I feel so dirty for thinking a 60-year old is cute. hahahaha Upon further reflection last night, I realized just how awesome Wham! and George were--they were the first band to perform in China, he was the first white person to perform a duet with Aretha Franklin, he had the most awards/#1 hits or some statistical record at the time.

I find George returning to my life a bit weird. Ok, he was never really IN my life, but he had a profound effect on my life. As Frap would probably be all too eager to share, my world revolved around George for most of my adolescent and early-adult years. I did have several George-related license plates. I boycotted Sony when he was in a legal battle with them and continued my ban for years until he forgave them. I think I may have loved George more than all but one of my boyfriends (yes, QE is the only one I've loved more than George). Not that I lusted for George...it was more of a loyal, unconditional love. His dimpled smile still warms my heart. He's happy, so I'm happy.

1 comment:

emily said...

It was all george all the time. It was hilarious!