Monday, April 07, 2008

Spinning the Wheel

Saw deer in our yard on Saturday. QE pointed out a big deer lounging in our yard, laying down and just chillin. I took pictures and was beyond thrilled to see our neighbor-visitor. So excited that I didn't even notice the other two laying down butt-to-butt with their backs toward us. :) Deer are such big and fascinating creatures. I need to post pics.

I have cupcakes coming out of my ears. It's been fun, in a boring way. The pattern gets dull, but I still enjoy it because it's a quick-knit so I get instant gratification. I got a suggestion to knit ice cream cones, so maybe I'll come up with a pattern for that.

I met a boy on Friday while waiting for the train. He was traveling alone to his dad's house. Sweet boy (reminded me of the kid on Two and a Half Men) who I thought to be about 12 but said he was a high school freshman. I still doubt that given his adorable face and perky attitude. There was an innocence about him that makes me question his age. Plus, he was very interested in knitting and wanted me to show him(!). We also talked about a game called Smash Bros. or some variation of that. He quizzed me on the characters from his "strategy guide" (aka CHEAT book! hahahaha). He had no idea who Snake was and was very impressed that I knew. One more reason why I don't think he was a freshman...most kids that age would play or at least be aware of Metal Gear Solid I think. Hopefully he doesn't live a sheltered life where his parents shield him from the real world. He was a total darling and I would hate for someone to take advantage of his sweet nature because he's not street-smart. The fact that he initiated conversation with me caught me off guard.

I bought a litter of puppies. Nintendogs. :) Adorable. I'm now missing four--boxer, dalmatian, golden retriever, and king charles spaniel.

4 comments:

emily said...

If he's traveling alone, his parents can't be that overprotective!

Bri said...

Ha! I don't even let my kids outside alone :).

If you're getting sick of cupcakes just let me know - I can hold the cupcake queen up here :P

goo2girl said...

Bri, I've been meaning to send you cupcakes. So sorry...I'll try for Friday at the latest.

As for the kid, I wondered why his parents would let him travel alone. He's such a sweetie and cutie. If he had a bad-ass attitude it would be different.

emily said...

Maybe that's just it - they felt he was "mature" enough?