Friday, June 27, 2008

Beautifully Imperfect

Just signed up for the fall CSA. Here's what we're projected to get:

acorn squash, apples, arugula, beans, bok choi, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, garlic greens, head and loose leaf lettuces, herbs, leafy greens, peas, potatoes, pumpkins, radishes, sweet potatoes, swiss chard, tatsoi, winter squash

I can't wait to plan our Thanksgiving meal around the goodies! I never thought it possible to actually love vegetables: to admire their beauty, adore each bump, appreciate every crinkly leaf. My only complaint so far is that we didn't get enough garlic with last week's share. After price-checking each haul with the stores, I think we got a great deal. Sure we might not have ever chosen to buy turnip or cabbage, but we're expanding our veggie horizons. Imagine, a vegetarian actually eating vegetables! (QE isn't a full vegetarian--he goes on fish benders. I should send him to rehab. HA!)

No comments: