Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fibers

Started a cute sweater for piglet. Golden yellow (creme brulee!) with red (pomegranate) and light green (honeydew) scoops. Those are the actual names of the yarn colors. Yum! No stripes on the sleeves for my piggy though.

I need to buy yarn. LYS needs to have a crazy summer sale already. Probably won't happen til July or August. I will take a day off again despite not having leave. And this time I will buy yarn in quantities no less than 1000 yards to ensure I have enough for yet-unknown projects. I'm thinking of selling some of my yarn if I can't figure out what to do with it. Or maybe someone needs to have a baby girl soon. Doubtful that a mom would appreciate an alpaca silk sweater though--expecting her to handwash the garment would be quite inconsiderate of me.

2 comments:

emily said...

yes! How rude of you to gift someone with a handmade alpaca silk sweater! You are so thoughtless! ;P

goo2girl said...

No, I'm serious! (quit making me laugh!) The last thing a new mom wants to deal with is a hand-wash item, don't you think? I can just imagine some sleep-deprived mom yelling at me for making her to more work than necessary. :)