Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Davis the Treehugger

Where has the time gone? This Saturday is DECEMBER 1!!! I just got used to it being November. The plan is to put up our tree this weekend. Davis looks forward to helping me by inspecting the placement of each branch and the ornaments. He peers longingly into the library (we have glass doors) as I set up the fake tree. Nose and paw prints cover the door. Last year, he would squeak and meow to make sure I knew he was there. Our boy loves to eat the tree. A fake Christmas tree! We've accepted his odd tastes and only allow him into the library chaperoned. He thinks we keep him out of "his" room and will run to the library if he hears the doors opening. Poor Buddy.

I hung a wreath on our door this past weekend. Davis was never more than two inches behind me. He doesn't even get this excited about treats. With his big yellow eyes on full alert, he briskly followed me throughout the house as I tried to lose him. Mission failed. I ended up going out the garage so he couldn't escape out the front door in pursuit of his beloved wreath.

I am hoping this year decorating the tree will unite our kitties, or at least allow brief moments of harmony. I hope they forget about bygones and join forces to distract me. They don't have to be friends. All I want is for them to cohabitate peacefully.

No comments: