Monday, November 19, 2007

Giving Thanks

As massive number of people travel yonder and beyond to see loved ones this week, it's sometimes easy to forget why these people clog the rails, air, and roads the fourth week in November. Hopefully their excursions yield more than a free meal and brings warmth and happiness to their hearts. Time seems to fly faster each year and seeing friends "just a few weeks ago" turns out to be six months ago. The world seems a much colder and harsher place than even five years ago--all the more reason to appreciate what we have. With that in mind, here's a list of how I know I am blessed and lucky.

1. All of my loved ones are in good health, as am I.

2. The people closest to me have been in my life for over 10 years, with Frap taking top honors at 15 years.

3. QE and I are "rich" financially. No, we don't think so, but we are. We don't have to worry about making ends meet, and the cost of fuel does not affect our ability to pay for food or other bills.

4. My parents are still with me. They are showing the signs of aging and their health is declining, but they are still here. We've had our rough times, but I know deep down I'm glad they are around. My dad especially. He and I can't talk about money, the economy, or anything involving spending without him offering us money. Dear ol'Dad is always there for me.

5. We have three mostly wonderful cats. The fighting and screaming continues, but they love us and know we love them. Our home would be lonely and empty without them.

1 comment:

emily said...

WOO HOO! WINNER!!!!